Lamentations 3:21-24

" But this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. 'The LORD is my portion' says my soul. 'Therefore, I will hope in him.'" Lamentations 3:21-24

Monday, April 25, 2011

What's Cookin' at the Campbell's

The bad news is: I went over my grocery budget last week.
The good news is: It all evens out. Because I bought such a HUGE ham (I got caught up in the excitement of cooking Easter dinner for extended family), I will not need to go to the grocery store this week.

And this will be a short cooking week for me because we are going to North Carolina for the weekend. Dear Husband is presenting a paper at ISCA (International Society for Christian Apologetics). His paper is entitled "The Concept of God and the Problem of Evil".  So proud to see his name on the ISCA Meeting Schedule!

 The kids and I will be hanging out at the hotel pool! (Tune in next week to find out how I entertain two little ones in a hotel for a weekend!) We will end the week with a wonderful visit with my dear friend Karen, her husband and precious new baby girl! So exciting!!

So here is my attempt to use up 10lbs of ham in 3 days! :)
Monday: Leftovers from Easter dinner.  Ham, baked beans, corn, cucumbers and tomatoes and rolls
TuesdayHam and swiss casserole from allrecipes.com (Caedmon will simply have ham and noodles with Mrs. Dash)
Wednesday: Breakfast for dinner! Scrambled eggs with ham, green peppers, onions and tomatoes, bacon and biscuits.
Thursday-Sunday:  Ham sandwiches?  Haha!  In all seriousness, we are planning to eat cheap by taking bread, peanut butter (I found peanut-free peanut butter for Caed!), fruit cups, apples for lunches and not quite sure about dinners yet. 

I hope I can find a sale on chicken next week! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts