Lamentations 3:21-24

" But this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. 'The LORD is my portion' says my soul. 'Therefore, I will hope in him.'" Lamentations 3:21-24

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Biscuits

Caedmon is a picky eater...and since there is very little he can actually eat due to allergies, I'm always thrilled to have a fall back food that he almost always will eat. My biscuits are one such food.  It makes me feel good that my little boy, loves my biscuits! :) (Note: note the healthiest of choices...so I do try to limit him!)

3 cups of Martha White flour (I used to use Greater Value...but recently tried MW and there REALLY is a difference!)
4 tablespoons of shortening
water

Preheat oven to 425.

Pour 1/8 cup of canola oil into the biscuit pan.

Mix ingredients, I simply "eye" the amount of water. Add until doughy consistency. 
Lay out a mat or wax paper and coat with flour. Kneed dough until mixed well. Flatten and sprinkle flour on top.
Using round cookie cutter, cut biscuits out of dough.
Use the oil in the pan to coat both sides of biscuit.
Bake biscuits for 22 mins.
Broil on high for 1 1/2 minutes to brown tops of biscuits. (time may vary depending upon your oven.)

Serve with dairy free butter, apple butter, or honey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts