Lamentations 3:21-24

" But this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. 'The LORD is my portion' says my soul. 'Therefore, I will hope in him.'" Lamentations 3:21-24

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Taco Rice Skillet Recipe

Courtesy of Jeannie Elkins

1 lb hamburger
Chopped onion (however much you want. I use 1 med. onion)
1 Envelope taco seasoning
1Can diced tomatoes (drain most of the juice off)
1 Cup instant white rice
1 Cup water

Brown burger and onion. Drain. Add rice, water, tomatoes and taco seasoning. Stir, cover, simmer on med-low for about 15 min stirring a couple of times until all liquid is absorbed. Serve with tostio chips or use as a filler for taco salads or soft tacos

Variations:
-top with shredded cheese
-sour cream
-add a small can of mexi-corn

This is one of our family's favorites!!

Note for Dairy Free Living: Taco Seasoning contains milk, as does the cheese and sour cream (obviously). When making this dish, I brown the burger and onions, add tomatoes, corn, rice and water, then simmer for 10 minutes and pull out a serving for Caedmon.  Then I add seasoning and cheese and more water if needed. Top with sour cream! YUM!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts