Lamentations 3:21-24

" But this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. 'The LORD is my portion' says my soul. 'Therefore, I will hope in him.'" Lamentations 3:21-24

Monday, May 2, 2011

Top 10 Things To Do To Entertain Small Children In a Hotel

This is what we did for 2 days at the hotel.

10. Play dough

9. Color wonder markers and coloring pads.



8. Cable I realized how little TV my children watch because the Disney Channel was just as thrilling as seeing Mickey Mouse in person! They were even captivated by the Spanish version of "Sesame Street".

7. Continental Breakfast The kids LOVED eating "breakfast" in the lobby and meeting new people. Most of the guests were staying at the hotel for a wedding. We actually got to know some of them and even had "our table" where we sat next to the same group each morning. By Sunday, Abby felt free enough to roam around and talk to her new friends.

6. Other people's kids. It's great when kids entertain other kids.

5. Pool. We spent HOURS at the pool. Loved it!!


4. Going on an adventure through the local village. We decided to explore our surroundings and walk to a nearby shopping area. We found an excellent Mediterranean restaurant. Shwarma chicken...YUM! We also discovered a field of cat-tails, a fire truck and many tiny "villages" (i.e. sidewalks with park benches) that provided an thrilling story line of Robin Hood delivering food to the poor.

3. Goodwill shopping. I discovered something cool about my daughter.  She loves to go Goodwill shopping. I bought her a cute 3 piece outfit before the trip. I was so excited to surprise her with it...but she was less than thrilled at the matchy-matchy, cute-sy outfit I picked out.  BUT, take that girl to a Goodwill and she strings together some random outfits that sometimes are cute. At any rate, she has her own style which I think is cool.


2. Snacks. We ate a lot of snacks...and even the most mundane cereal snacks seem more exciting in a hotel room!

1. Luggage Cart. Nothing is more fun than loading up the luggage cart and letting the smallest one push it. Okay okay..this was as we were leaving. But my little Caedmon LOVES to work hard, especially with Daddy.



1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this!!! It is so funny. All these things are so simple, but I'd never think of getting them all written down. Your kids will enjoy reading them someday and look back at your life and love it! I wish we were closer!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts