Lamentations 3:21-24

" But this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. 'The LORD is my portion' says my soul. 'Therefore, I will hope in him.'" Lamentations 3:21-24

Monday, May 2, 2011

Jump In!

I took the kids to the pool this morning, complete with arm floaties and animal swim rings.  We are ready for water safety! 

Initially, Caed hated it. He screamed and clawed at my neck as I took him deeper and deeper. Abby was thrilled to dive in...until we got there.  So we sat on the pool steps for a very long time waiting for the nerves to settle.  Eventually, other kids from the hotel joined us and all the fun began! Abby couldn't believe that there was a 4 and A HALF year old swimming with us!  Thank you James for helping Abby feel more at ease with swimming!

Caedmon...fearless Caedmon! He always tests the limits, makes Momma's heart stop, then proves to me that all things work out.  At any given moment, he would jump into the the pool or the hot tub. Thank you Walmart for the wonderful arm floaties for which we paid $1.  They work. They really do.
He was kind of cute, though, floating around and kicking those cute little legs. I wish I could have gotten a picture of him jumping into my arms...and sometimes jumping purposefully away from my arms.  The funny thing is, he insisted on lining up his feet over top of the words "No Diving".  Rebel.

I'm continually amazed at the differences in Abby's and Caed's personalities.  Swimming with Caedmon is like swimming with a fish. You can't hold on to him...you just have to keep up.  Swimming with dear Abby is like swimming with an octopus.  She would grip onto any part of my body that she could find and hang on for dear life.  I see swimming lessons in our future.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts