Lamentations 3:21-24

" But this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. 'The LORD is my portion' says my soul. 'Therefore, I will hope in him.'" Lamentations 3:21-24

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

First Blog Nervousness!

Well, I've finally done it!  I've moved from Facebook to blogging.  I remember the first time I heard the term "blog". I was a newly hired secretary in the Communication Studies department at a local university. (A job I loved much to my surprise; especially since I managed to avoid all communication classes during my undergrad years at Wheaton College.)  The professor stood at my desk and excitedly told me about his new blog.  I knodded and joined his excitement and then googled "blog" as soon as he left my desk!

Communication within the public domain is something that I find very intimidating.  Speeches, presentations, raising my hand and answering questions in a classroom, blogs...I even lowered my voice when answering the phone in the Communication Studies department for fear of having others overhear my conversation.  And yet, I'm drawn to blogging for some reason. I love to read other blogs and I often think of things I would write if I had a blog... so here's to stretching myself!  It's a good thing to do something that's uncomfortable every now and then!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! U r a good writer... I have now read all your posts! This one last. LOL.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts