Lamentations 3:21-24

" But this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. 'The LORD is my portion' says my soul. 'Therefore, I will hope in him.'" Lamentations 3:21-24

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Everything in Life IS Sacred

Caedmon's Call has a song entitled "Sacred". I've adopted this song as my theme song (at least for this season of my life).  God has gifted me with life. It's a life that as Paul says in Galations 2:20 "I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me." I believe that God is redeeming his creation in all aspects  until the day he returns to rule in a new heaven and new earth. 

Being a mommy of two little ones, I get to see God's hand at work in redemption all around me everyday. I see it in their lives as they learn how to treat each other with love and respect. I see redemption in my own life as I learn to see the world through the eyes of my children. I see it as I work alongside my husband to create a budget and stick to it and then experience grace as we "bust" the buget and start again. I see redemption when we've had a rough day of whining and arguing, and we go to sleep loving each other and praying for new mercies in the morning. And I see it at work in my heart when I forego the coveted alone-time in order to comfort my 4 year old who is unable to sleep and wants "just one more story before bed".  These are instances of God's gift of redemption in my life...places that He is making sacred.

Here are the lyrics to "Sacred" by Caedmon's Call

Words and Music by Randall Goodgame and Andrew Osenga
(c) 2007 House of Mirrors Music (ASCAP) admin. by Simpleville Music, Inc. / 2007 Mighty Molecule Music. (ASCAP) admin by Music Services

This house is a good mess
it’s the proof of life
no way would I trade jobs
but it don’t pay overtime

I’ll get to the laundry
I don’t know when
I’m saying a prayer tonight
cause tomorrow it starts again

Could it be that everything is sacred?
and all this time
everything I’ve dreamed of
has been right before my eyes

The children are sleeping
but they’re running through my mind
the sun makes them happy
and the music makes them unwind

My cup runneth over
and I worry about the stain
teach me to run to You
like they run to me for every little thing

When I forget to drink from you
I can feel the banks harden
Lord, make me like a stream
to feed the garden

Wake up, little sleeper
the Lord, God Almighty
made your Mama keeper
so rise and shine,rise and shine
rise and shine cause

Everything is sacred
and all this time
everything I’ve dreamed of
has been right before my eyes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts