Lamentations 3:21-24

" But this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. 'The LORD is my portion' says my soul. 'Therefore, I will hope in him.'" Lamentations 3:21-24

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

A Snow Princess Sleep Set

I can see why nap time sewing projects can be so addictive. I started this little project yesterday while Caed was sleeping. Today, I popped him into nap time a wee-bit early so that I could finish my project. (He didn't object, so he probably needed the extra sleep, right?)

I bought this set at Wal-Mart on super clearance.  It's probably intended for kids learning to sew...but in the world of sewing, I'm just that: a kid!  I have learned a lot with this project. I got to practice hemming, create a casing with an elastic neckband, and use a gathering stitch. I'm super excited about the gathering stitch. The hem on the dress is a little wacky, but I'm really pleased with the way the ruffle turned out.  Well, let's be honest, the ruffle on the nightgown is my favorite part!  I wonder how many things I can add ruffles to?  You may be seeing my kids in some very ruffly clothing in the coming months!

I still have much to learn (much, much to learn)...but I am SO enjoying the process!

A dress, a pillow, a blanket, and a toy dog. I even had enough fabric for a pillow and blanket for the doll's doll.

Ready for beddy-bye!

So comfy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts