Lamentations 3:21-24

" But this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. 'The LORD is my portion' says my soul. 'Therefore, I will hope in him.'" Lamentations 3:21-24

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

A Clean House Starts with a Clean Kitchen

Ever have one of those days when you just NEED some alone time?! Desperately you will sacrifice anything for 10 minutes of peace to get your thoughts together. That was me this morning. I woke up way too sleepy to answer all the questions, track with all the pretend play, or deal with life, basically. Even coffee didn't help.

On top of that, I felt restless. Endlessly restless. Full of a sense of expectation unfulfilled. Full of uncertainty. I needed to spend some time with the Lord. Pour out my heart. Read His word. Fill up on His Spirit.

So I left the kids in the kitchen to play with water in the sink. I knew that I would have water to clean up afterwards, but it didn't matter. I needed to be away for a few minutes.  They were quietly playing, not fighting, sharing.  I even heard giggling.

I had a wonderful time in God's presence. I finished up by thanking Him for my kids.

I'm SO glad that I spent that time with the Lord because otherwise, I wouldn't have been able to handle what I found in the kitchen.


The picture does not even come close to fully capturing my kitchen. Yes. That IS a sprayer in Abby's hands. Abby and Caed found a new way to shower...the sink sprayer. EVERYTHING was soaked. I walked in to find Abby spraying down the walls. Yep, that cake? Wet. The table? Dripping. The floor? Puddled. The stove, the trash can, the crock pot, the notepad, my neighbor's mail that was wrongly delivered yesterday: WET!

It was God's grace covering my children in that moment. I simply asked them if they had fun and they simultaneously squealed out "Yeah!!!"

Then we got out the towels and dried, dried, dried.  At least my kitchen is clean now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts