Lamentations 3:21-24

" But this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. 'The LORD is my portion' says my soul. 'Therefore, I will hope in him.'" Lamentations 3:21-24

Sunday, March 20, 2011

What's Cookin' At The Campbell's

As I sit down to write this blog, there are dishes in the sink...and let's be honest, on the table and the stove too.  The kids are in bed, wide awake talking...but in bed nonetheless.  The guinea pig needs to be fed (I was in such a hurry to put Abby to bed that I forgot to remind her to feed Keat). A week's worth of laundry is hiding in my bedroom and needs to be folded and put away. And there is blue marker on 4 of my walls.

Not a big deal, except that I have a really busy week coming up with final renovations to complete in our living room, my birthday, dentist appointments for 3 of the 4 of us, a chiropractic appointment for me, homeschool 3 days, Abby's 1st haircut, a playdate, and family coming to visit on Friday. I wish I could just warp speed to the fun family weekend...but then I'd miss all the joys of the journey.  However, it's apparent that this week will not be successful without planning. So this is my attempt at planning my week.

Meals
S: Breakfast for dinner: quiche, bacon, hash browns and of course coffee!
M: Going out to dinner to celebrate! Woo-Hoo!!  Probably Golden Corral (wow! I feel old...but they do have really good steak!
T: Baked salmon, stir-fry
W: Baked chicken (coated in flax seed again!), tator tots, peas and corn
R: Stuffed green peppers (rice, hamburger) and salad
F: Waterstone Pizza with the in-laws!
S:  ????

Because the week is so busy, my goal is to avoid the grocery store, so I'm cleaning out the pantry and freezer. :)

Homeschool Schedule: (It will likely be a light week for us)
M: Bible (Veggie Tales: A Very Veggie Devotional Book),
Copywork for Abby (another letter from Keat to trace) , shape puzzles for Caed.
Reading (Dawn Treader, and various books about guinea pigs and trucks from the library)
W: Bible (worksheet from church)
Copywork for Abby, the color brown for Caedmon
Art, drawing on the floor mat together with markers
Dentist prep. Watching Elmo's World: Teeth. Helping Abby mentally prepare for the dentist appointment
R: Bible (Jesus Heals a Blind Man, Children's Bible)
Reading to Keat (An attempt at getting Abby comfortable with reading. I allow her to sit with Keat and tell him stories from books without me watching over her).  And I'll be reading Dr. Seuss books to Caed.
Sorting: having Abby help me with my  final sorting  and matching  of baby clothes in preparation for a large consignment sale in Lynchburg called Kidzkraze. (It starts on Monday. You should come! (Check it out at http://www.kidzkrazesale.com/))

Chores and Other Stuff
M: Helping Caedmon clean the marker off the wall. Yes...he will be learning about the Magic Eraser!
Laundry
T: I'll be spending the early afternoon with a friend (We call it a playdate for the kids, but really it's for us mommies!) The evening will include final touches of paint in the living room and I'm ambitiously hoping to complete priming and painting in the hall.
W:  Organizing toys and homeschool stuff on the sun porch.
R: Finishing up consignment prep and laundry.
F: Clean bathroom and kitchen and then relax with the fam!

This is my plan for the week, an attempt to help me organize. Nothing is set in stone, and I can almost guarantee several episodes of Blue's Clues or Signing Times or even a good looooong movie like Cars will be thrown into the mix.

I do not prefer to be so busy. In fact, one reason we moved out to the country was to have a slower pace. But there is much to be learned even in the midst of hectic, full weeks. My prayer is that I do not miss what God wants to show me. I can already sense a greater dependence upon Him as I plan.  Chores need to be done, but I want to make it enjoyable for me and for my kids. And I want to be open to God's interruptions in my life. So if you think of me this week, pray that I will have ears to hear God's leading in the same way that it is written in Isaiah 30:21: "Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way; walk in it."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts