Lamentations 3:21-24

" But this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. 'The LORD is my portion' says my soul. 'Therefore, I will hope in him.'" Lamentations 3:21-24

Monday, March 7, 2011

Sight Word Mishap

Today I placed sight words at kid eye level all around the house.  My plan is to incorporate common words into our daily routine, so I tried to put words in places or on objects that would form connections and associations.  For example, I placed the word "go" on the back door so that we can see it each time we leave. The word "in" is on the fridge because we keep food "in" the fridge. Feeling very clever I placed the word "you" on Abby's full length door mirror because you see "you" when you look in the mirror ("me" would have worked too).  Then I placed "get" on the door frame because she goes to her room to "get" toys and clothes.

It wasn't until the kids were in bed and the door was shut that it hit me...actually...it startled me. Walking through the dark hallway, I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror and see the words "get" "you". 


Needless to say, I removed the word "get"!  I'm so glad that Abby can't read yet!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts