Lamentations 3:21-24

" But this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. 'The LORD is my portion' says my soul. 'Therefore, I will hope in him.'" Lamentations 3:21-24

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter 2013

Happy Easter!



Today we celebrate the most wonderful gift we have ever received.  Jesus Christ died, and rose again!  He paid for our sins and defeated death!  We have hope because of Christ! 

Because Jesus showed His love for us by humbling Himself on our behalf and thus serving us, we wanted our kids to focus on the act of service today.  So we did Easter Baskets a little differently than usual.  (I got this idea from a magazine called Family Fun March 2013).  I made the kids wait until after church for their Easter baskets.  At first, you would have thought I chopped off their legs when they found out they had to wait, but in the end, it was worth it.

PJ started out by talking with the kids about Jesus and why we celebrate Easter.  Then we briefly discussed the importance of serving one another.  Finally, I hid all the Easter goodies around the house (it was wet outside, otherwise we would have done it outdoors).  Each kid was given the other kid's basket and told to hunt for things that the other would like to get in his or her basket.

It was neat to watch Abby look for things that she knew Caed would love. Even when she found something that she would herself enjoy, she chose to give it to her little brother instead. I loved seeing her heart in this!  Yay! It was just what I was hoping for!



Caedmon also thought it was great fun.  He was very excited to fill Abby's basket with yummy candy, especially the chocolate bunny (This picture catches him mid-sentence hence the serious face.)


I think this may be the start of a new tradition.  What are some of your favorite Easter traditions?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts