Lamentations 3:21-24

" But this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. 'The LORD is my portion' says my soul. 'Therefore, I will hope in him.'" Lamentations 3:21-24

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Debbie Campbell's Chicken Noodle Soup

My kids have had a cold all week, so I decided to try my hand a chicken noodle soup to ease their "suffering" and offer some TLC.

It was really yummy!

Here is my recipe:

4 chicken breasts
6 potatoes cubed
1 bag of frozen carrots
1 bag of frozen green beans
1/2 onion chopped
1-2 cups of elbow macaroni
1/2 tbsp of oil
1 tbsp salt
1/2 tbsp pepper
1 tsp of garlic powder
1 1/2 tbsp of chicken bouillon powder (I found some at the Dollar Tree, and seriously I use it every time I make a chicken dish. It's also good in black bean soup).
1 cup chicken stock

Combine the oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, chicken bouillon powder, onions, chicken and potatoes in the slow cooker on high for 5 hours. Add enough water and/or chicken stock until all the ingredients are covered.  Add the carrots, green beans and macaroni an hour before serving. (I cooked the macaroni separate on the stove before adding.)

We ate our soup with scratch made "drop" biscuits.

Yum!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts